Six Feet Apart
Stories of Resilience and Transformation
Six Feet Apart is an innovative multimedia work of choral music based on the real-life experiences of Oregonians that harnesses the power of music, poetry, and art to amplify diverse voices and foster collective healing in Oregon during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Featuring music composed by Ethan Gans-Morse, poetry Tiziana DellaRovere, with special guest poets Anis Mojgani & Kim Stafford and artwork by Betty LaDuke.
The Story So Far
Over the past year, Anima Mundi Productions and the Southern Oregon Historical Society have collected dozens of real-life pandemic stories from around the state of Oregon. All of these stories will be archived on this website in the months ahead.
Six Feet Apart will culminate in a world premiere video performance featuring the HEX Vocal Ensemble and the Brightwork Ensemble, all captured on video with original visual designs by a team of professional video artists and editors.
The online premiere of Six Feet Apart will also be accompanied by a live Q&A segment, during which supporters will have the opportunity to interact with the creative team. Following the premiere and Q&A, the video and accompanying compilation of pandemic stories will be shared online free of charge.
Anima Mundi Productions
- Project producer and commissioner.
- Producer of the Heart of Humanity concert series.
- Dedicated to creating and presenting new works that address urgent social challenges through the power of music.
- Professional vocal ensemble that focuses on new, experimental music.
- Featuring members of the LA Master Chorale and LA Opera.
- Performing ensemble for Six Feet Apart this summer.
So. Ore. Historical Society
- Dedicated to collecting, preserving, and sharing the stories of Southern Oregon.
- Partnered with Anima Mundi to collect stories for Six Feet Apart.
- Maintaining story archive on this website (coming soon!)
The Brightwork Ensemble
- One of the preeminent performers of new music on the West Coast.
- Their mission is to enliven and expand contemporary classical music with a focus on West Coast composers and performers.
- Among the best chamber musicians in the world.
Poet Laureate of Oregon
H.B. Lee Jr. High
Lead Poet, Story Collector
Art and life intertwine to find solace in the sharing that exposes systemic injustices. Much to my surprise, when I am interviewing for these stories, people thank me for listening and they tell me that they feel unburdened just by talking to me about their trauma.
— Tiziana DellaRovere (librettist, story collector)
Six Feet Apart creators interviewed on public radio
The two creators of Six Feet Apart, composer Ethan Gans-Morse and poet Tiziana DellaRovere, were recently interviewed on Jefferson Public Radio along with Southern Oregon Oregon Historical Society archivist Kira Lesley. In this well-paced 20-minute program, they talked about collecting stories and the creative process behind Six Feet Apart.
Click the link below and then click LISTEN
Six Feet Apart is generously supported by the Oregon Cultural Trust, Oregon Arts Commission, Oregon Community Foundation, Miller Foundation, Jackson County Cultural Coalition, and donors Claudette & George Paige.
Anima Mundi Productions offers special thanks to Dr. Mary Jane Morrison for sponsoring this production.
Get in touch
Anima Mundi Productions
P.O. Box 1323 Phoenix, OR 97535
(541) 833-3066 ext. 3